Apr 23, 2008

Les Chansons D'Amour

I just finished watching Les Chansons D'Amour (Love Songs) and it's a pretty good film, and now I get why it was presented at Cannes last year. The film is a mix of emotions: despair, silly, capricious, solemn, melancholy, sensual. I completely recommend it. And, as a warning of those people who can't handle sensual moments, in this film, there is a lot of sexual connotations, and the two guys in the end do have their "moment". It's nothing too heavy to handle, but I bet you guys don't mind that.
Also, I got to understand completely where the songs in the film fit in.
The most hilarious part in the film was when Julie (Ludivine Sagnier) was singing "Je N'aime Que Toi" & she told Ismael (Louis Garrel) "I smelled your fingers, and they didn't smell like mines." So damm hilarious!


Love me less, but love me for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment