Aug 8, 2008

L'Auberge Espagnole

A good friend of mines recommended 'L'Auberge Espagnole' to me without any warning, except that Romain Duris is in it. When I started it, I couldn't find out who was Duris, due to the fact he was beardless! The only version of Duris I am accustomed to is the depressed brother from 'Dans Paris', so it was really interesting to see him at his younger days. He plays Xavier, a shy but charming Parisian exchange student who studies for a year at Barcelona.
Who knew Duris can be so snazzy in a suit? (I promise I will never use that word again.)
So, he rents a flat with 5 other ERASMUS students: an uptight British chick, an Italian fellow, a German neat-freak, a Danish flirt, and the only Spanish chick in the bunch. There are so many twists and turns, that you need to see it to enjoy it. It's so delightful, and presents the flamboyant realities of moving to a new city.
No wonder the building owner wanted them out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you =)
    I hope I will see you on lookbook !

    ReplyDelete