Nov 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm saying this because it's Thanksgiving Day in the good ol' U.S.A. Where we're thankful for the pilgrims cheating and destroying the Native American population, and therefore unleashing the power of imperialism, but let me stop being such a pretentious cunt.

This is what I am thankful for:
-SJU for giving me a full-blown scholarship for the next five years.
-Vogue Paris, Nylon and Jalouse for keeping me upto date with necessary fashion news
-Louis Garrel for making me go crazy in every single one of his films
-Marylin Monroe, even though she's long gone, we have the same birthday, same body shape, and she was GORGEOUS and very intelligent at the same time, and because of all of this I gained confidence I never had before
-Jean-Luc Godard for making 'La Chinoise' and other movies with Anna Karina
-Carine Roitfeld and Kate Lanphear for inspiring me to dress differently
-Skins, the British show, because it's the only reason why I watch the telly
-Enigmatic black-and-white photography for making me get lost in a reverie
-Obama becoming our revolutionary
-Justice, Soulwax, Pedro from Ed Banger Records
-and of course my friends, family, and the life that will later on will be my present

2 comments:

  1. it's paradoxical to see u like vogue paris and nylon too ! what a huge difference !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute picture!!
    & i don't like nylon mag much - more music and less fashion focus.

    btw, i've been trying to watch 'skins' but idk where i can get it in houston. any ideas?

    ReplyDelete